Group stage draws

Use this section if you have a problem on iSnooker and wish to get help from other members of the community. If your problem is something that cannot be solved by Members / Moderators of iSnooker you should contact support@thesnookerclub.com as well as tech@thesnookerclub.com
Mayfly

Group stage draws

Postby Mayfly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi,
How does the gruop stage work out who should go through when people all draw equal on points? Twice now I have come 2nd with 3 other people and everytime it puts me at the bottom. I thought maybe it was depending no how I played against that person I drew with, but even if I beat them it puts me under? Pretty annoying to play 6 matches, come out on a draw and for no logical reason be knocked out?

ko0p

Re: Group stage draws

Postby ko0p » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:38 pm

Its random!

Look at the group when it starts...if you end up with the same points and frames won, you end up as it started. That's what I'm led to believe.
"Illegitimi Non Carborundum"

Stratician
Site Admin

Postby Stratician » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:01 pm

That's correct, it takes the order from the stating position. I am working on the system today though, so it will take the result between tied players to work out their order. Of course this isn't going to work if Player's A, B and C are tied in points and player A beat B, B beat C and C beat A, so it wont resolve everything.

rizzo

Postby rizzo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Has been talked about before.
Problem with points is, that then the no-shows decide who will go through or not.

douts

Postby douts » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:59 pm

That's correct, it takes the order from the stating position. I am working on the system today though, so it will take the result between tied players to work out their order. Of course this isn't going to work if Player's A, B and C are tied in points and player A beat B, B beat C and C beat A, so it wont resolve everything.

Hi, i know i'm re-igniting an old thread - but iv just played a group tourny, and there were 2 of us left with same points in 3rd nd 4th, and despite me beating the other guy - he went through, and subsequently no-showed for the KO stages.

the issue with it happening with 3 players is easy to solve - 3 player re-spotted black - thats what happens in real-life group tournaments.

so why did nothing ever seemingly done about this?? its piggin annoyin.

Return to “Help & Support Area”